Defrosting individually wrapped fish/shellfish in the fridge
- Remove from sealed bags while still frozen
- Place on a plate or in a pan and cover with plastic wrap
- Product must be kept at a temperature of 4 degrees C or below
- Thaw for 24 hours prior to preparing
- Large lobsters and block shrimp may require 36 hours
- It is extremely important to remove product from the sealed bag as that will eliminate the growth of bacteria
Never defrost fish at room temperature. Never defrost fish in warm or hot water.