How to prepare Red Wine & tarragon Butter
Yield: 8 ServingsIngredients:8 oz. Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
3 Tbs. Minced Shallots3 Tbs. Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tbs. Rice, Cider or sherry Vinegar2 tsp. Dried tarragon Leaves1/8 tsp. Table Salt1/8 tsp. or 2 Grinds of Black Pepper (freshly ground)How to prepare Butter
- Combine shallots, red wine, vinegars, Tarragon leaves and salt in a non-reactive sauce-pan.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Simmer mixture until it is almost dry with about 1 tsp of liquid left.
- Cool over ice quickly.
- Meanwhile, place butter in a counter-top mixer bowl with a paddle attachment. (Alternately, you can put the butter in a bowl and use a hand mixer, or a food processer).
- Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cooled shallot mixture and mix until incorporated. You may have to stop the motor and scrape down the inside of the bowl with a spatula and continue beating until thoroughly mixed.
- Lay a plastic wrap or parchment paper flat on your work surface.
- Transfer the butter onto it.
- Roll the butter up in the paper/plastic into a 2 inch wide log.
- Twist the ends of the paper/plastic to compact the butter into a tight roll.
- Refrigerate or freeze until needed.