Tequila & Agave Glaze with Roasted Poblano Salsa
Yield: 2 servingsIngredients:Olive Oil Blend 1 tsp
Minced Garlic 1 tsp
Roasted Poblano (peeled, seeded, ¼” dice) 1 each (approx. ¼ cup)
Charred Red Onion (¼” dice) ¼ cup
Baby Tomatoes (halved) ¼ cup
Salt & Pepper to taste
Tequila ¼ cup
Agave Nectar 2 TBS
Lime Juice 1 TBS
How to prepare the Salsa
1. Place the oil in a skillet over medium heat, saute garlic until light golden color, add poblano peppers, charred red onion and saute until hot.
2. Add tomatoes and saute for an additional 1 minute, remove the ingredients from the skillet and place in a separate container, put the same empty skillet back on high heat.
3. When pan begins to lightly smoke pour in tequila and burn off the alcohol, add agave nectar, lime juice, cook over medium heat until reaching syrup like consistency.
4. Pour equal amounts of glaze over any protein coating completely.
5. Pour poblano, charred onion, tomato mixture over your and enjoy!