How to prepare Pineapple Marmalade for Grilled Shrimp
1 lb. Fresh Pineapple, Cleaned, diced ½” x ½”
2 oz. Ginger Root, Cleaned and chopped fine
1-1/2 cups Water
4 oz. Sugar
How to prepare the Marmalade
- In a sauce-pan over medium heat, combine all ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and reduce liquid by half. Pineapple should be cooked through and translucent.
- Remove from heat and cool over ice.
- Transfer to a storage container, and keep refrigerated until needed.
How to grill Shrimp
- Place the basket on a hot part of your grill to preheat.
- Peel and devein your shrimp. Click here to watch this quick video on how to peel and devein shrimp.
- Place in a bowl. Add just enough vegetable oil to coat the shrimp, and season with salt and pepper.
- When the Grill basket is hot, add the shrimp.
- Close the lid and let them cook.
- Come back every 2-3 minutes and stir the shrimp around with your tongs to cook evenly.
- Once they are curled and 150 degrees in the middle, they are done.