How to Prepare Creamed Street Corn
1 cup Red Onion, diced
1 Tbs Garlic, minced
4 cups Corn, frozen kernels
2 tsp Tajin
1 Tbs Chile powder
1 tsp Kosher salt ½ tsp Black pepper
2 Tbs Lime juice, fresh
1 cup Sugar, granulated
1 ½ cups Heavy cream
1 Tbs Cornstarch
1 Tbs Water
1 Tbs Sour Cream
1 Each Lime Wedge
2 Tbs Pico de Gallo or Canned Salsa
2 Tbs Cotija cheese
1 Tbs Tajin Spice
How to prepare Street Corn
- Heat a sauce pot. Add margarine and allow it to melt
- Add red onions. Stir until the onions become translucent
- Add garlic. Stir to combine. Be sure not to burn the garlic
- Add the frozen corn kernels. Stir to mix ingredients well. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring to keep it from sticking to the pan.
- Add tajin, Chile powder, kosher salt, and black pepper. Stir.
- Add lime juice and simmer until reduced by ½
- Add sugar and stir again.
- Add heavy cream. Bring to a simmer. Stir it occasionally, and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes, or reduced by ¼
- Combine cornstarch and water. Add to simmering corn mixture. Stir until the mixture thickens.
How to assemble your dish
- Place the corn mixture into a large cast iron skillet, or other appropriate serving vessel.
- Place sour cream in the middle of the dish and squeeze the lime over the top.
- Sprinkle the Pico de Gallo or salsa and Cotija cheese over the mixture evenly.
- Sprinkle the tajin over the entire dish.
Creamed corn is usually one side dish that everyone agrees on around the table. Check out another simple Roasted Corn recipe here to make your cooking easier.