How to prepare Caramelized Bacon Spätzle
8-oz. Spätzle (Panni Brand)
1-Gallon Tap Water
2-Tbs. Kosher Salt
4-oz. Bacon diced 1/4"
4-oz. Yellow Onion Juliann 1 /4”
1-1/2-tsp. Garlic, minced
1/8-tsp. Spice Sage (dried)”
4-oz. Chopped Kale ¼”
How to prepare
- In a large pot, add the water and the kosher salt.
- Bring to a boil. Add the spätzle and allow to boil for 15 minutes, or until tender and cooked throughout.
- Once cooked, drain well and set aside.
- Place the bacon and onions in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Render the bacon and cook until crisp and onions are caramelized (approx. 10 minutes).
- Add the drained spätzle, garlic, sage and kale.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the kale has just wilted and all ingredients are incorporated.