How to prepare Buerre Blanc Sauce
The translation of Beurre Blanc sauce is “White Butter” and this is a versatile sauce that compliments any type of fish. It is excellent with ORA King Salmon, with Lobster Tails, Scallops and Sea Bass to name a few. This sauce preparation is considered an expert level of cooking, try it today to enhance your culinary skill set!Ingredients~ Buerre Blanc Sauce ~1 lb. unsalted butter1 Tbs. minced shallots1/2 cup lemon juice1/2 cup white wine1 cup heavy cream1 tsp. kosher salt1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
How to prepare your Buerre Blanc Sauce
- Cut the butter into 16 equal cubes and reserve 1 cube to sautee the shallots.
- In a medium sized nonstick pan, put 1 cube of butter in the pan over medium heat.
- Once butter melted, add shallots to the saute pan and sweat over medium heat until translucent, about one minute.
- Add lemon juice and white wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat until liquids are reduced by half.
- When liquid is reduced, add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer before reducing by half one more time.
- Slowly whisk in remaining butter 1 cube at a time while creamy liquid is simmering over medium heat.
- When all of the remaining butter is whisked into the sauce turn the heat off, transfer to a container and hold in a warm water bath until you are ready to use the sauce.
How to assemble your dish
- Place your protein over any side dish.
- Generously pour Buerre Blanc Sauce over and enjoy.
Tip from the chef: When you are slowly whisking the butter in, make sure to not allow it to boil as the butter will separate from the liquids if it gets too hot.