How to prepare Red Snapper
Yield: 2 Servings
2 Each Red Snapper Fillets
½ Head Napa Cabbage (sliced ½”)
½ Cup Red Onion (julienned)
2 Tsp Garlic (minced)
1 Cup Chicken Stock
1 Tsp. Chili Flake (Or To Taste)
Salt & Pepper To Taste
¼ cup Cilantro Leaves
1 cup Dry Roasted Peanuts
¼ cup Scallions (sliced ¼”)
How to prepare the spicy Cabbage
- Place Napa Cabbage, Red Onions, Garlic, and Chicken Stock together with Chili Flakes in a large skillet over medium heat, cook down stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes.
- Season with Salt and Pepper and reserve warm.
How to prepare Peanuts & Cilantro Mixture
- Place Cilantro Leaves, Peanuts and Scallions in a bowl and mix until evenly incorporated.
How to prepare the Fish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place medium sized nonstick skillet over high heat on the stove and add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the skillet.
- Season flesh side of Snapper with Salt and Pepper.
- Place the snapper into the hot oil flesh side down and sear for approximately 4 – 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Place Snapper in the oven and cook to an internal temperature of 140 degrees Fahrenheit, approximately 3 – 4 minutes.
How to assemble the dish
- Mound ½ of the Cabbage in the center of 2 plates.
- Place Snapper on top of the Cabbage.
- Top Snapper with Peanut Cilantro Mixture.