How to prepare Pan Seared Cobia
Yield: 2 Servings
Ingredients:1 Tbs. Olive Oil Blend½ Cup Red Onion (julienned)2 Cups Brussels Sprouts (shaved)1 Each Fresh Lemon JuiceSalt & Pepper to taste½ Stick Butter
3 Tbs. Pine Nuts
1 Tbs. Chives (1/8” sliced)
How to prepare Brussels Sprouts
- Place first three ingredients in a large skillet over medium heat, stir occasionally for approximately 5 minutes until brussels sprouts are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper and reserve warm.
How to prepare Pine Nut Brown Butter
- Place a skillet over medium heat, add butter and sauté the pine nuts until toasted and the butter starts to brown.
- Turn off the heat and add the chives.
How to prepare the Fish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place medium sized nonstick skillet over high heat on the stove and add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the skillet.
- Season flesh on all sides of the cobia with Salt and Pepper.
- Place the Cobia into the hot oil flesh side down and sear for approximately 4 – 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Place cobia in the oven and cook to an internal temperature of 140 degrees Fahrenheit, approximately 4 – 5 minutes.
How to assemble the dish
- Mound ½ of the brussels sprouts in the center of 2 plates.
- Place fish on top of the brussels and top cobia with pine nut brown butter.