- Accompaniments - quantities below are needed per plate of Sea Bass
1/8 tsp. Salt & Pepper
1 oz. Soybean Salad Oil or Olive Oil or any cooking oil
2 oz. Dashi Broth (can be store bought), hot
1/3 cup Edamame, shelled, heated
1 Tbs. Pickled Cucumber Slices (click for quick recipe)
Large Cooking Pan
Medium Sized Microwave Safe Bowl
How to prepare the fish
- Season both sides of fish with salt & pepper mix.
- Heat oil on griddle/flat top and place fish in center of oil.
- Cook fish until bottom side is golden and just cooked through. Approximately four minutes.
- Flip over and sear for an additional four minutes.
Note that you made need to add minutes to your cook time depending on the thickness of your fillet. Be sure to check that the internal temperature is at 140 degrees prior to serving.
Heating your edamame
- Place edamame in a medium sized, microwave safe bowl with 1/8 cup of water and 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Microwave on high until edamame turns bright green- 1 to 5 minutes depending on your microwave.
How to assemble your dish
- Place warm edamame in the center of the bowl.
- Pour the dashi broth over the edamame.
- Place the fish on top of the edamame.
- Curl the pickles and place them on top of the fish to garnish.
Tip from the chef: You can use any pickles you like, yet sweet pickles are proven to work the best. Here is a quick Japanese pickles recipe if you decide to do your own.