How to prepare Salmon Ceviche
This great recipe came from our great partners ORA King and from Chef Ollie Hansford. This dish is ideal to enjoy as a shared starter, and great served like a crudité style with Belgian endive or baby gem leaves to use as cups.
Yield: 2 Servings
Ingredients:7 ounces Ōra King Salmon Belly2x Limes (Zest and Juice)½ Bunch Coriander½ Red Onion1x Red Chilli (Seeds Removed)50ml Olive Oil½ tsp SugarSaltBlack Pepper2x French Breakfast Radish1/2 AvocadoBaby Bitter LeavesCreme FreshChives
How to prepare the dish
- Skin and dice the salmon into 1/2 inch cubes and leave to one side in the fridge.
- For the dressing you need to finely dice the red onion, chilli and coriander, then ad into a bowl with the zest and juice of the limes, sugar, black pepper and a good pinch of salt.
- Combine with the olive oil.
- When ready to serve, mix the salmon into the marinade and mix well, allow to sit and marinade for 4-5 minutes to allow the salt and acid to slightly cook the fish. Taste as you might need to adjust the seasoning.
How to assembly the dish
- Place a small spoon of crème fraiche at the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the marinated salmon ceviche, then garnish with finely sliced radish, diced avocado, baby bitter leaves, and finely chopped chives.