Serves 2 to 4
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup chopped parsley
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup onions chopped
1/2 cup white wine (a pinot gris pairs very well)
Salt & PepperHow to prepare your mussels
- Allow mussels to thaw overnight in refrigerator in sealed package.
- In a large pan over medium high heat, begin melting down the butter.
- Add in the onions and garlic. Cook down until they begin to soften.
- Add the wine and salt, and cook for two additional minutes to reduce the wine.
- Add salt & pepper and stir.
- As the liquid starts to reduce, add mussels to the pan and gently stir the liquid over them.
- Cover the pan with the lid and let steam for up to five minutes, allowing to cook until mussels open.
How to assemble your dish
- Place mussels into a large serving bowl and garnish generously with parsley. Best served with a crusty baguette.