4 gallons of water in a large pot
3 tbsp.(4 ounces) Zatarain's Crab Boil Bags
12 ea. dried Bay Leaves
1 cup of Hot Sauce (your choice)
8 ounces of beer (your choice)
How to prepare your shellfish
- Fill large pot with water.
- Add bay leaves, seafood boil and bring water to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down to shimmer.
- Replenish cooking hot water if it starts evaporate.
- Place first batch of crab legs in the pot and bring it to boil.
- Boil for 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees at the center of the thickest part
- Remove and set aside.
How to assemble your dish
- Place crab clusters onto steel dinner platter or newspaper spread.
- Accompany Crab boil with boiled corn and potatoes ( can be boiled in the same batch with crab) and enjoy.
Tip from the chef: You can use a smaller pot to accomplish party size boil. The spices are enough to cook your crab in batches. The only restriction here: the spicy water is good for 4 hours only.