How to prepare Chargrilled Mahi with Broccolini Salad
Yield: 2 Servings
2 Fillets of Mahi Mahi
1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
1/2 Cup Oranges (Peeled & 1/2 inch diced)
1 Tbs. Shallots (Minced)
1 Tbs. Jalapeno (Seeded & Minced)
1 Tbs. Honey
2 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
Salt & Pepper to Taste
How to prepare the fish
- Turn chargrill on the highest temperature setting and preheat an oven to 425 F degrees.
- Season all sides of Mahi Mahi with Salt & Pepper and spray the top side of the fish with oil spray (Pam or your choice)
- Place Fillets on the chargrill sprayed side down and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Rotate the Mahi 45 degrees in order to make an X mark pattern and let it cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove Mahi from the grill and repeat the procedure with unmarked side.
- Remove fillets from the grill once again and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 F degrees for approximately 5-6 minutes or until internal temperature is 140 F in the thickest part of the fish.
How to prepare the salad
- In a mixing bowl toss the Broccolini with 1 Tbs. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season with Salt & Pepper.
- Place seasoned Broccolini directly on the chargrill and grill until stems are flexible and the florets have some medium char on them.
- Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine Cherry Tomatoes, Oranges, Shallots, Jalapeno, Honey, Extra virgin Olive Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Salt & Pepper.
- Stir until evenly incorporated.
How to assemble the dish
- Place Chargrilled Broccolini on the center of the plate.
- Place Chargrilled Mahi next to it, leaning onto the side of the Broccolini.
- Split the salad evenly between two plates placing it over the fish.