How to prepare Tender Smoked Brisket
Yields: 12 ServingsIngredients
How to prepare Smoked Brisket
- While brisket is cold, trim excess fat, leaving about 1/4-inch fat cover.
- Give special attention to removing hard fat on the side, the underside and the area between point and flat.
- Season brisket evenly with 1/2 cup of Saltgrass 7-Spice Seasoning OR seasoning of your choice, OR salt & pepper if you prefer.
- Set up smoker to 215°F. (We use hickory and apple wood).Cook 6-8 hours to achieve 165-170°F internal temperature.
- Wrap brisket with foil. Continue cooking in smoker or in oven set to 225°F, until brisket reaches 195°F internal temperature.
- Remove from smoker or oven, open foil slightly to allow steam to vent.
- Rest for at least 2 hours in a portable cooler or on the counter.
- To serve, separate the flat muscle from the point with a horizontal cut between the two.
- Slice thinly against the grain to serve.