How to prepare Ribeye Prime
The best way is to cook the Ribeye on a grill, or start it on a grill and finish in an oven if you are dealing with thicker piece.
Yield: 2 Servings
How to prepare the steak:
- Prepare a charcoal grill or turn on your gas grill so one side is hot, and other side is cool, and scrape the grates to remove any old material once hot.
- Season Ribeye with seasoning of choice on both sides of the meat.
- With an old cotton towel or paper towel, oil the grates of your grill to prevent the meat from sticking.
- Place steak onto the grates and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the steak over 3 times, with 2-3-minute cooking intervals, to make typical diamond marks on both sides.
- Place chop so that the meat is now over the cool side of the grill.
- If your grill is too small, mark the meat as above, and then place the steak on an oven-safe pan, and place into a 300-degree oven to finish cooking to desired temperature. 120 degrees will give you a medium-rare to medium doneness.
- There will be residual heat in the steaks from cooking. Pull them off the heat a little under where you want to them be when finished.
- Place steak on a plate to rest for 8-10 minutes to reabsorb the juices and relax the meat fibers.