How to Prepare Sea Bass with Mediterranean Salsa
How to prepare fish
- Add olive oil to frying pan and let it heat.
- Place fillets meat side down first, then skin side if your fillet comes with skin on.
- Cook on medium heat 4-6 minutes per side to reach internal temperature of 140 degrees. It's key to temperature test as the thickness of Sea Bass can vary greatly.
- Take fillets out and set aside.
How to prepare relish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place cherry tomatoes in a bowl and combine with oil, and seasonings. Toss to coat with oil.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake in the oven until the skins start to blister, about 6-8 minutes. (Reduce time if using a convection oven).
- Place tomatoes in the same bowl as before. Add remaining ingredients and combine with a spoon. Let sit at room temperature while cooking the fish, or cool in the refrigerator if you prefer a crisper bite.
How to assemble your dish
- Place and spread relish bedding on the plate
- Place fillet on top of the salsa
- Sprinkle with finely chopped basil
Tip from the chef: Cut all olives in thin 1/8" rounds to maintain relish consistency. It's absolutely right to use small martini olives, you just need to double the amount that you are using.
Try this wine pairing
This dish makes me think of the South of France and when you are there, the wine that tastes the best with everything is a lean, crisp, dry rosé. Go with something from Provence and find the youngest one available, drink it chilled like a white wine and enjoy your staycation.