How to prepare Sea Bass with Buerre Blanc Sauce
The translation of Beurre Blanc sauce is “White Butter” and this is a versatile sauce that compliments any type of fish. It is excellent with ORA King Salmon and with lobster tails. This sauce preparation is considered an expert level of cooking, try it today to enhance your culinary skill set!Ingredients~ Fish ~~ Buerre Blanc Sauce ~1 lb. unsalted butter1 Tbs. minced shallots1/2 cup lemon juice1/2 cup white wine1 cup heavy cream1 tsp. kosher salt1/4 tsp. ground white pepper~ Accompaniments ~6 cups raw spinachHow to prepare your fish
- Season Sea Bass with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat oil in the pan and place fish in the center of oil.
- Cook fish until bottom side is golden and cooked through. Approximately 4 minutes.
- Flip over and sear for additional 4 minutes.
- Set aside.
Note that you may need to add minutes to your cook time depending on the thickness of your fillet. Be sure to check that the internal temperature is at 140 degrees prior to serving.
How to prepare your Buerre Blanc Sauce
- Cut the butter into 16 equal cubes and reserve 1 cube to sautee the shallots.
- In a medium sized nonstick pan, put 1 cube of butter in the pan over medium heat.
- Once butter melted, add shallots to the saute pan and sweat over medium heat until translucent, about one minute.
- Add lemon juice and white wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat until liquids are reduced by half.
- When liquid is reduced, add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer before reducing by half one more time.
- Slowly whisk in remaining butter 1 cube at a time while creamy liquid is simmering over medium heat.
- When all of the remaining butter is whisked into the sauce turn the heat off, transfer to a container and hold in a warm water bath until you are ready to use the sauce.
How to prepare sauteed spinach
- Heat oil in the nonstick pan.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper.
- Sautee for one minute before turning it over.
How to assemble your dish
- Place sauteed spinach in the center of your plate.
- Place Sea Bass over the spinach.
- Generously pour Buerre Blanc Sauce over Sea Bass and enjoy.
Tip from the chef: When you are slowly whisking the butter in, make sure to not allow it to boil as the butter will separate from the liquids if it gets too hot.