HOW TO PREPARE SHRIMP & ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE
Yield: 4 ServingsIngredients:
How to prepare the Skewers:
- Thaw shrimp in running water. Peel the shrimp shell down to the last section, leaving the last section and the tail fins intact.
- Cut down the back of the shrimp and put out the vein using a small sharp knife.
- Cut 1⁄4 off of each end of the andouille sausage to square up the ends.
- Cut the sausage across into 2 small logs. Cut each log across in half, and then cut each of these again in half until you have 8 each 1⁄2 rounds.
- Lay the rounds on a cut side and cut each round in half into 2 half moons. You should now have 18 half-moons per sausage.
- Lay 4 shrimp out on a surface, tail, and bodies facing the same way.
- Place a half-moon of sausage into the center of each shrimp with the cut sides of the sausage facing up and down. See image below.
- Skewer through the shrimp and sausage.
- Continue with the remainder of shrimp and sausage until you have used up all of your ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper and grill over medium heat until shrimp have a minimum internal temperature of 140° and sausage is heated through.
- Serve with Tuscan Herb Butter.