HOW TO PREPARE SEARED SCALLOPS
Yield: 2 ServingsIngredients:1Lb. Colossal Scallops
½ Cup Sweet Potato Peeled ½ in. Diced
½ Cup Charred Corn½ Cup Charred Red Onion ½ in. Diced½ Cup Charred Shishito Pepper ¼ in. Rings6 Pcs. Bacon ¼ in. Squares2 Tbs. Shallots Minced¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar2 Tbs. Whole Grain Mustard1Tbs. Honey2 Tsp. Dry English Mustard
How to prepare the Sweet Potato & Charred Corn Succotash
- Coat the diced sweet potato evenly with extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper, place on a sheet pan, and roast in the oven at 425°F for approximately 10-12 minutes until soft to the touch.
- Shuck corn and place on the chargrill over direct flame, occasionally turning until all sides are browned; when cool, cut the corn vertically off the cobb and reserve.
- Peel the onion and cut into ½ inch medallions, coat with extra virgin olive oil, and season all sides with salt and pepper. Place onion medallions on a chargrill over direct flame and cook approximately 8-10 minutes on each side until very dark brown and caramelized. When cool, cut to ½ inch dice and reserve.
- Place shishito peppers on char grill over direct flame and cook all sides until dark brown, approximately 2 minutes per side. When cool, cut into ¼ inch rings and reserve.
- Place all ingredients in a nonstick skillet and sauté over medium heat until hot.
How to prepare Bacon Vinaigrette
- Mix the shallots, apple cider vinegar, whole grain mustard, honey, and dry English mustard in a bowl and let sit for approximately 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, place 6 slices of bacon on a sheet pan, bake until crispy (approximately 15 minutes), reserve rendered bacon fat in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk bacon fat and bacon into the mixture from above and drizzle over seared scallops.
How to prepare the Scallops
- Place a medium-sized nonstick skillet over high heat on the stove and add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the skillet.
- Season all sides of scallops with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place the scallops into the hot oil top side down and sear for approximately 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn the scallops with tongs and sear the other side for approximately 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Reserve scallops for plating.
- Place hot succotash on the plate and top with scallops, drizzle bacon vinaigrette over scallops and enjoy!