How to prepare Seared Flounder
Yield: 6 Servings
6 Each of Flounder Fillets
1 Each Lemon (juice & zest)
1 Tbs. Shallot (minced)
½ Tsp. Or To Taste Garlic (minced)
1 ½ Tbs. Whole Grain Mustard
¼ Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
½ Cup Canola Oil
1 Tbs. Honey
½ Cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
¼ Inch ½ Cup Apples (diced)
¼ Cup Pepitas (Green Pumpkin Seeds) (toasted)
1 Tbs. Green Onion (sliced)
How to prepare the vinaigrette
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Reserve to top seared flounder.
How to prepare the fish
- Place medium sized nonstick skillet over high heat on the stove and add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the skillet.
- Season all sides of flounder with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place the flounder into the hot oil top side down and sear for approximately 4 – 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn the flounder over with a fish spatula or thin spatula and turn off the heat and let sit in the skillet for about 2 – 3 minutes.
How to assemble the dish
- Place flounder in the center of a plate.
- Top with desired amount of lemon vinaigrette with honey crisp and pepitas.