How to Prepare our Sriracha Aioli Poke Bowl
2 tblsp. Marinade
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
1/2 of an avocado, diced
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
6 round slices of Jalapeno (optional/to add more spice)
1 lime wedge
1 tsp. scallions, chopped on bias
1/2 tsp. black sesame seeds
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
6 tsp. Sriracha Sauce
1/2 cup Sesame seed oil
1 cup of Mayonnaise
Medium bowl to prepare marinade
Small bowl to prepare aioli
How to prepare marinade
- Combine 1/2 cup of soy sauce, 4 tsp. sriracha sauce and 1/2 cup of sesame oil. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for minimum 1 hour.
How to prepare aioli
- Combine 1 cup of mayo and 2 tbsp of Sriracha sauce in a bowl and mix well until all are well incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
How to prepare poke bowl
- Place tuna in the small bowl and add marinade.
- Mix well and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
- While tuna is marinating cook rice. Follow rice packaging instructions. Once cooked let it cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile dice avocado and tomatoes in square chunks.
- Slice Jalapeno in paper thin round slices.
How to assemble your dish
- Place the cooked rice into a bowl.
- Place marinated tuna on top.
- Place avocado, tomatoes and jalapenos in separate sections of the bowl.
- Drizzle the Sriracha aioli over the top.
- Sprinkle the scallions and black sesame seed over the bowl.
- Place the lime wedge on the side of the bowl and serve.
Try this wine pairing
Try something crisp and refreshing like a Portuguese Vinho Verde or a Spanish Albariño. Both remind me a bit of margaritas with their flavors of lime, orange and even sometimes a kiss of saltiness and doesn’t this bowl of poke sound good with a margarita?