How to prepare ColeslawDifficulty Level:Yield: 16 Servings
Ingredients:2 lbs. Green Cabbage (sliced/chopped)2 cups Red Cabbage (sliced)2 cups Carrots (shredded)1/2cup Pickled Jalapenos1 cup Mayonnaise1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar1/4 cup sugar (granulated)1/2 tsp. Salt (iodized)1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper1 Tbl. Pepper (coarse ground)2 Tbl. Creole MustardHow to prepare Slaw Mix
- Wash the green cabbage and peel any unusable outer leaves away.
- Cut the green cabbage in half from top to bottom, then quarter it.
- Cut the stem and core away and discard.
- With the slicer, if you have one, slice all of the cabbage OR hand chop cabbage into 1/4 - 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a large stainless mixing bowl, weight out the recipe portion of green cabbage. Roughly one medium head of green cabbage is about 2 lbs. Weight it when purchasing if you don't have food scale handy.
- Add 2 cups of Red Cabbage sliced, similar way than green cabbage.
- Add 2 cups of shredded carrots into the mix.
- Mix all ingredients well and set aside.
How to prepare Dressing
- In a mixing bowl, combine Mayonnaise, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sugar, Salt, Cayenne Pepper, Pepper and Creole Mustard (if you cannot find this specific mustard, use your favorite brand one).
- Whisk until fully incorporate and all mayonnaise is dissolved into the vinegar.
- Combine slaw mix together with the dressing and toss until evenly incorporated.
- Let it stand for 10-20 minutes to settle, toss one more time and serve.