How to Prepare Mixed Green Salad
Difficulty Level:Serves 4Ingredients:4 Jumbo Shrimp (10-15 count), Peeled Deveined*. Tails IntactSeasoning SaltOlive Oil1 Granny Smith Apple8 oz. Mixed Field Greens (about 8 cups)1⁄2 Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese1⁄4 Cup Toasted Chopped Walnuts1⁄2 Cup Dijon Vinaigrette
How to prepare the salad:
- Preheat the broiler.
- Butterfly the shrimp. Put the Shrimp on a broiler pan, sprinkle with seasoning salt, and brush lightly with olive oil. Broil for about 2 minutes on each side or until they begin to turn pink and are almost cooked through. Cook once not twice
- Remove the Shrimp from the broiler and heat the oven to 500°F. Let the shrimp cool. Meanwhile, peel and core the apple and cut it into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices.
- Butterfly each Shrimp by splitting them down the middle, starting at the tail and cutting along the inside curve. Do not cut all the way through.
- Return the Shrimp to the broiler pan or another baking dish and heat in the hot oven for about 2 minutes or until pink and cooked through.
How to assemble your dish
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the greens with the apples, cheese, and walnuts.
- Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss until well mixed.
- Divide the salad among 4 cold plates and top each with a shrimp.
* Click Here to see how to peel and de-vein the Shrimp.