How to prepareDifficulty Level:Yield: 2 ServingsIngredients:
For the Salad: For the Dressing:
2 lb. Gulf Coast Shrimp 21/25 Count
2 each Ruby Grapefruit
3 Navel Oranges
6 cups Baby Greens
1 pint Red Teardrop Tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 cup Pine Nuts
1 Tbs. Garlic, chopped (2 cloves)
2 Tbs. Dijon-style Mustard
2 Tbs. Rice Wine Vinegar
3 Tbs. Fresh Lemon Juice plus Zest from 1 lemon
1 cup Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
1/2 cups Vegetable Oil
How to prepare Shrimp
- Leave the wooden skewers in the water fully submerged for 15-30 minutes to allow water to penetrate through the wood.
- Once the skewers are ready, gently push the skewer through the shrimp, right above the shell of the tail
- Continue to skewer through the opposite tip of the shrimp
- Repeat the process until you have 3 shrimp on each skewer
- Heat chargrill BBQ
- Evenly season the shrimp with your choice of Seasoning on both sides of the shrimp. We used salt and black pepper in this recipe.
- Lightly char-grill the shrimp until done (approx. 3-4 minutes per side)
- Be mindful to not burn the shrimp tails.
How to prepare the Dressing
How to prepare the Salad
- Toast Pine Nuts until golden in a 350˚ F. oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Combine 2 Tbl. of the Pine Nuts, Garlic, Mustard, Vinegar, Lemon Juice and Lemon Zest, and Basil in a blender and puree as best as you can. Don’t worry if you have a big blender and it doesn’t chop up well. It will. With the motor still running, slowly add in the oil in a steady stream. It should start to puree the ingredients easier and start to emulsify.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and keep cold.
How to assemble the dish
- Using a sharp knife, cut down through the skin of the grapefruit following the contour of the fruit removing the white pith and a small portion of the flesh to expose the inner fruit.
- Working over a bowl, cut along the inside of the membranes toward the center of the fruit to remove individual sections of the flesh. Set aside.
- Repeat with the oranges and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the baby greens, cut tomatoes, and the orange sections.
- Add enough of the dressing to thoroughly moisten the ingredients and toss the salad.
- Place into a serving bowl and sprinkle the remaining 2 Tbs. pine nuts over the top.
- Remove Shrimp from the skewers and place on top of the salad. Enjoy!