How to prepare Grilled Salmon with Summer Vegetable Salad
Recipe Serves Four
1 cup zucchini, 1/2" diced
1 cup yellow squash, 1/2" diced
1 cup carrot, 1/2" diced
1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup black olives, sliced
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced
2 cups mushrooms, quartered, cooked in olive oil & cooled
1 1/2 cups watercress
1 tbsp mint, chopped
1 tbsp basil, chopped
2 tbsp red vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, cut in half
Gas or charcoal grill, Grill tongs
Aluminum Foil (optional)
How to prepare your fish
- Season Salmon fillets with salt & pepper on meat side.
- Grill fillets meat side first on oiled grates to get grill marks.
- Flip and grill until done on the skin side. Internal temperature should be 140 degrees.
- Set fish to the side.
How to prepare Summer Salad
- Dice zucchini, yellow squash, and carrot and place in a large bowl.
- Add Feta cheese, black olives, sun dried tomatoes, and mushrooms.
- Do not salt!
- Add mint and basil and dress with oil and vinegar. Set to the side.
- In a smaller bowl, Toss watercress in remaining oil and vinegar and set to the side.
How to assemble your dish
- Place watercress in the center of plate.
- Add vegetables on top.
- Place hot Salmon fillet on top of the vegetables.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon on top and enjoy!
Tip from the chef: A simple tip is to grill fish with the meat side down on oiled grates, turning to get a diamond mark, then turning the fish over and transferring it onto an oiled piece of aluminum foil. Next, set it on the same grates and close the grill lid to allow it to finish cooking that way. This creates a smaller chance of sticking and easier clean up!