How to Prepare Bone-in Ribeye with Caramelized Cauliflower and Chimichurri Sauce
Salt & Pepper
4 large Cloves Garlic, peeled
1 cup Parsley Leaves, chopped
2 tsp. Dried Oregano
1 tsp. Red Chili Flakes
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbs. Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
8 oz. Butter, unsalted, cut into 1" cubes
1 Small Head Cauliflower, cut into florets
Kosher Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
How to prepare Chimichurri Sauce
- Combine Garlic, Parsley, Oregano, and red chili flakes in the high-speed blender.
- Turn blender on medium high and start to blend the ingredients together.
- Turn blender to low and slowly start adding in the oil. If you add the oil too fast, the mixture will not emulsify.
- Once oil is added, and mixture is emulsifying, add the red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Taste and readjust seasoning if needed, and transfer to a container. Store refrigerated until needed.
How to prepare Caramelized Cauliflower
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add butter to the pan and allow to melt.
- Add cauliflower florets to the pan and turn heat to medium low so the butter does not burn.
- Allow cauliflower to brown against the pan in the butter. When brown on the bottom, turn each floret over with a pair of tongs.
- Season with a small amount of salt and pepper (you will season again before serving).
- Let cauliflower brown against the pan a second time. When browned, remove from heat and keep warm to the side.
- Right before serving, season with salt and pepper again.
How to prepare steak
- Season the steaks, starting with pepper. You want to be generous since you are only seasoning the outside of the steaks.
- Start with Black Pepper and finish with the Salt.
- Follow instructions in the video for proper steak grilling or you can find a video here on how to grill the perfect steak.
How to assemble your dish
- Place half of the cauliflower on the plate. Don't forget to season it once more before plating.
- Place your steak next to the cauliflower.
- Top the steak with the Chimichurri sauce.
Watch Chef's video here to find out another, more elegant way to present your dish.