How to Prepare Filet Mignon with Light Garlic Rub
Serves 4Ingredients:2 tsp. Granulated Garlic1 tsp. Kosher Salt1 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper1⁄4 tsp. Cayenne PepperVegetable Oil Cooking SprayHow to make the rub:
- Combine the garlic, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.How to prepare the steaks:
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator, rub them on both sides with the rub, and let them rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill or preheat the broiler and position a rack 4 inches from the heating element. Lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray. Be careful here, since it can flare-up. The coals should be medium-hot for the charcoal grill. If using a gas grill, put the burners on high.
- If using a grill, grill the filets for about 6 minutes. Turn and grill for 6 minutes for medium-rare or longer until the desired degree of doneness*. If using the broiler, broil for 7 minutes. Turn and broil for 7 minutes for medium-rare or longer until the desired degree of doneness.
- Serve with the accumulated juices spooned over the steaks, if desired.
* Check with our Steak Cooking Chart for desired doneness.