How to Prepare Perfectly Smoked RibsDifficulty Level:Yield: 6 -8 ServingsAuthentic baby back ribs are surprisingly easy and straightforward to cook at home. Whether you are preparing them for a gathering party or dinner with the family, our King Ranch Back Ribs recipe is the ideal solution.
Ingredients:Wood Chips, Oak or Cherry
How to prepare Ribs
- Heat your smoker to 225 degrees.
- Soak wood chips in water for 1 hour
- Place the wood chips or pellets into the smoker.
- Season the ribs liberally with Bone Spice on both sides.
- Place the ribs bone side down directly on the smoker.
- Close the lid and smoke the ribs for 2 hours without opening the lid. Monitor the temperature to make sure it stays at or below 225.
- After 2 hours, open the lid. Brush the ribs with BBQ Sauce. Wrap the ribs in heavy duty aluminum foil and continue cooking with the lid closed for 2 more hours.
- After 2 hours, check the ribs. Pull on one of the bones to see if it comes away clean from the meat. If it doesn’t, baste with BBQ sauce again and close the wrap and cook in 1 hour increments until the bones come away clean from the meat.