How to Prepare Baked Cod
Yield: 2 ServingsThis recipe is as easy as it gets! Wrap all the ingredients in a foil pouch, bake for 8 minutes, and you will have perfectly cooked fish and sauce to pour over rice.Ingredients:2 each Cod Fillets (thawed)Spray Release as neededSalt and Pepper to taste2-3 Tsp. Fresh Dill Leaves (chopped)2 Tsp. Unsalted Butter2 Lemon WedgesHow to prepare the fish
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F (180˚ C).
- Pull out 2 sheets of aluminum foil approximately 12” x 18”.
- Lay the foil with the long edge facing you and spray the bottom of the foil with the spray release (or butter it if you must!)
- Pat the Cod Fillets in paper towels to dry off excess liquid.
- Lay one fillet with tips from 3:00 to 9:00 in the center of each prepared foil.
- Season with the Salt and Pepper
- Sprinkle 1-1 ½ tsp of the chopped Dill over the tops of each fillet.
- Place 1Tsp. of Butter in pieces over each fillet.
- Squeeze a Lemon Wedge over the top and drop the wedge onto the foil.
- Bring the long sides of the foil up over the fillet and press together in your fingers like the top of a bag and fold the top over to seal the foil and crimp with your fingers.
- Repeat the process again with a second fold.
- Push the ends of the foil down and roll inward to seal the pouch. Place these on an oven-safe metal pan and bake until the internal temperature of the fish is a minimum 140˚ F (60˚ C), about 8 minutes.
- CAREFULLY unwrap the foil pouches (watch out for steam!) to check the temperature. Re-seal and place back in oven if undercooked.
How to assemble your dish
- Gently remove the fish to a plate with a spatula and pour all the juices over the top.
- Suggestions would be to serve this with Jasmine Rice to soak up all the leftover sauce, and a vegetable of your choice.