How to Prepare Cajun Ribeye Steak
A Classic dish with sweet and savory flavors. Scroll down and watch the full recipe video with Chef Trevor White to learn more.
Ingredients for the Steak:
4 each Ribeye Steaks
½ cup Olive Oil
1 cup Cajun Seasoning
Ingredients for the Caramelized Onions:
2 fl. oz. Clarified Butter or Olive oil
1 ½ Lb. Yellow Onions, sliced ¼ inch thick
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
½ tsp. Black Pepper, ground
½ Tbsp. Sugar, granulated
1 cup Madeira
Ingredients for the Blue Cheese Butter:
½ Lb. Butter, Unsalted, room temp
2 cups Blue Cheese Crumbles
½ Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2 tsp. Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
¼ tsp. Black Pepper, ground
½ tsp. Kosher Salt
2 Tbsp. Fresh Chives, minced
1 Tbsp. Parsley, chopped
How to prepare the Steaks
- Place olive oil and Cajun Seasoning in separate shallow pans.
- Wearing gloves, lightly coat the steaks in olive oil, draining any excess oil off.
- Place the steak into the Cajun Seasoning and liberally season the steaks.
- Make sure that they are completely coated with seasoning.
- Place into an air-tight container and refrigerate for 24 hours.
How to prepare the Caramelized Onions
- Heat the clarified butter in the sauté pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the onions, salt and pepper to the pan and sauté for approximately 8 to 10 minutes until translucent.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and add the sugar, stir to combine, continue to cook for 15 to 20 minutes until the onions are caramelized.
- Stir occasionally, so the onions do not burn.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the Madeira, return the pan to the heat and reduce the liquid in half.
- Reserve warm until needed.
How to prepare the Blue Cheese Butter
- Place room temperature butter into a mixing bowl.
- Add the blue cheese crumbles, mix to incorporate.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Reserve until needed.
- Any remaining butter can be placed into a sealed container and stored in the freezer until needed.
How to assemble your dish
- Place 4 oz. of warm caramelized onions on the plate, plate the ribeye steak on top.
- Add the blue cheese butter on the top of the steak.
- Garnish with minced chives and parsley.