How to prepareDifficulty Level:Yield: 4 Servings
Ingredients: 1 TBS Unsalted Butter
1 TBS Minced Shallots
1 tsp Minced Thyme
2 cups Whole Button Mushrooms
to taste Kosher Salt
to taste Ground Black PepperHow to make the topping:
- Place butter in a large sauté pan over high heat.
- When the butter is bubbling and just starting to brown add the mushrooms and shallots and season with salt and black pepper.
- Sautee the mushrooms for about 3 – 4 minutes until golden in color.
- Add the minced thyme to the mushrooms and mix until evenly spread out.
- Spoon sautéed mushrooms on top of your steak and enjoy.
Tip from Chef:
*This topping is great for steaks of your choice. We recommend pair it with Grilled or Pan Seared tenderloin. Click here for the recipe.