How to Prepare Barbecued Baby Back Ribs
Serves 4 to 6Ingredients:1 1⁄2 tsp. Dry English Mustard1 1⁄2 tsp. Sweet Paprika1 1⁄2 tsp. Salt1 1⁄2 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper¾ Cup Pineapple Juice (6 ounces))Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray
How to prepare the Ribs:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture over both sides of the racks of ribs and put the racks in a large roasting pan.
- Pour the pineapple juice over the ribs, cover tightly with aluminum foil, and bake for about 1 ¼ hours or until the ribs are cooked through but not so tender the meat begins to pull away from the bones. Do not overcook the ribs at this point, or they will fall apart on the grill.
- To prepare a charcoal or gas grill, lightly spray the grill rack with cooking spray before lighting. The coals should be medium for the charcoal grill. The burners should be on medium for the gas grill.
How to assemble your dish:
- Lift the ribs from the roasting pan and lay them on a work surface. Discard the cooking juices. Brush the ribs on both sides with the sauce; you will use about two tablespoons of sauce per side. Grill the racks for 10 to 15 minutes total, turning once. The sauce will begin to caramelize and brown, at which point the racks should be turned.
- Cut the ribs between the bones and serve.