Executive Chef Ryan Braden is no stranger in the kitchen of fine-dining restaurants. From his humble beginnings as a part-time cook at a Beaumont cafe and at home, Chef Ryan has carried with him a zeal for learning. When cooking ramen got old, Chef Ryan began to experiment with new recipes and different techniques and found he was enchanted with the art of cooking. After culinary school he continued to hone his skills from Houston to New York and back again, studying under world-renowned Chefs, until finally landing at Brenner's on the Bayou. In the 10 years that Brenner's has been Chef Ryan's home, he has worked his way from Sous Chef to award-winning Executive Chef. Though he is classically trained, both he and his recipes are deeply influenced by his Southern roots. Chef Ryan continues to learn every day and his passion to be a better culinarian and leader is what makes his kitchen at Brenner's on the Bayou thrive. Today he is sharing one of his recipe creations; Grilled Bone-in Ribeye with Caramelized Cauliflower and Chimichurri Sauce.
How to prepare Grilled Bone-in Ribeye with Caramelized Cauliflower and Chimichurri Sauce
Recipe Serves Two
Salt & Pepper
- Chimichurri Sauce ( yield 2 cups)
4 large Cloves Garlic, peeled
1 cup Parsley Leaves, chopped
2 Tsp. Dried Oregano
1 tsp. Red Chili Flakes
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbs. Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
8 oz. Butter, unsalted, cut into 1" cubes
1 Small Head Cauliflower, cut into florets
Kosher Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
How to prepare Chimichurri Sauce
- Combine Garlic, Parsley, Oregano, and red chili flakes in the high-speed blender.
- Turn blender on medium high and start to blend the ingredients together.
- Turn blender to low and slowly start adding in the oil. If you add the oil too fast, the mixture will not emulsify.
- Once oil is added, and mixture is emulsifying, add the red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Taste and readjust seasoning if needed, and transfer to a container. Store refrigerated until needed.
How to prepare Caramelized Cauliflower
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add butter to the pan and allow to melt.
- Add cauliflower florets to the pan and turn heat to medium low so the butter does not burn.
- Allow cauliflower to brown against the pan in the butter. When brown on the bottom, turn each floret over with a pair of tongs.
- Season with a small amount of salt and pepper (you will season again before serving).
- Let cauliflower brown against the pan a second time. When browned, remove from heat and keep warm to the side.
- Right before serving, season with salt and pepper again.
How to prepare steak
- Season the steaks, starting with pepper. You want to be generous since you are only seasoning the outside of the steaks.
- Start with Black Pepper and finish with the Salt.
- Follow instructions in the video for proper steak grilling or you can find a video here on how to grill a perfect steak.
How to assemble your dish
- Place half of the cauliflower on the plate. Don't forget to season it once more before plating.
- Place your steak next to the cauliflower.
- Top the steak with the chimichurri sauce.
Watch Chef's video to find out another more elegant way to present your dish.