Born in California, Chef Penny developed the foundational principles which allowed him to find success in the culinary arts at a very early age. Rich Penny is in charge of creating innovative culinary delights, including a wide variety of inspired seafood dishes. Chef Penny believes in a progressive menu along, with utilizing local ingredients that changes regularly to align with what’s new in the culinary world. His expertise, attention to detail, and master artistry is a powerful combination that has earned him accolades and honors through the culinary world. And today he is kindly sharing his signature recipe with all of us.
Recipe Serves Four
1oz Vegetable Oil
8 tbsp Curly Parsley, finely chopped
- Egg Wash
1/2 cup Milk
1 ea Large Egg
1 1/2 cup of Club Crackers
1 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- Seasoned Flour
2 cups Flour
1tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp White Pepper
1 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Salt
How to prepare fish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder, white pepper, paprika and salt.
- Transfer to shallow container large enough to accept fish fillets.
How to prepare egg wash
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk and egg, and whisk together.
- Set aside.
How to prepare crackers
- Chop crackers in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the cheese to the cracker crumbs and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
How to prepare your dish
- Dust the snapper fillet in seasoned flour.
- Dip in egg wash.
- Place in the club cracker breading and make sure to coat both sides completely.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add fillet and cook on both sides, turning only once, until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove to a cooking pan and place in 350 degree oven until firm in the center, about 6-8 minutes and to an internal temperature of 140 degrees.
How to assemble your dish
1. Plate fish fillet on vibrantly colored plate.
2. Garnish with curly parsley.
3. Add sides of your choice.
Interesting fact about the chef: Rich Penny has donated his talents to many worthy causes throughout the years, including, “Share Our Strength” and “Taste of the Nation”. He also has been a featured chef for the “Taste of the NFL”.