How to prepare Cobia with Mushroom and Arugula Salad
Yield: 2 Servings
1/4 cup Orange Juice
3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1/2 Lemon Lemon Zest
3 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp. Shallot Minced
2 Tbsp. Honey
1/2 cup Olive Oil
2 cups Roasted Wild Mushroom
2 Tbsp. & 1 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cups Baby Arugula
12 each Roasted Grape Tomatoes
1/4 cup Sautéed Shallots
Kosher Salt & Black Pepper to taste
How to prepare the Fish
- Turn chargrill on the highest temperature setting and preheat an oven to 425 F degrees.
- Season all sides of Cobia with Salt & Pepper and spray the top side of Cobia with oil spray (Pam or your choice)
- Place Fillets on the chargrill sprayed side down and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Rotate the Cobia 45 degrees in order to make an X mark pattern and let it cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove Cobia from the grill and repeat the procedure with unmarked side.
- Remove Cobia Fillets from the grill once again and place in a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 F degrees for approximately 5-6 minutes or until internal temperature is 140F in the thickest part of the fish.
How to prepare Citrus Vinaigrette
- Place Orange Juice, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Dijon Mustard, Shallots, Honey, Olive Oils in a blender.
- Blend on high speed till well combined.
- Set a side.
How to prepare Arugula Salad
- Cut mixed Mushrooms into 1 inch squares.
- Toss two tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season with Salt & Pepper.
- Roast with Tomatoes on the same sheet pan in the oven at 500 F until Mushrooms are golden brown, approximately 4-6 minutes.
- Once ready set aside to chill.
- Cut Shallots into 1/8 inch rings.
- Heat a sauté pan over high heat and add 1 Tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Sauté Shallots until golden brown and set aside.
How to assemble the dish
- Place Arugula, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Shallots and 1/4 cup of dressing in a bowl and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Split the salad evenly between two plates placing in the center of each plate mounded high. Lean Cobia on each salad.
- Drizzle an additional 1/4 cup of Citrus Vinaigrette on each plate under and on top of the Cobia.