How to prepare Blackened red Snapper
Yield: 2 Servings
2 Tbs. Olive Oil Blend
1 tsp. Garlic, Minced
2 Quarts Spinach, Fresh
Salt & Pepper To Taste
1 Tbs. Olive Oil Blend
1/3 Cup Poblano Peppers, ¼” Dice
1/3 Cup Red Onion, ¼” Dice
1/3 Cup Scallions, ¼” Sliced
1 Cup Mushrooms, ¼” Sliced
1 Cup Crawfish Tails, Rinsed, Drained
½ Cup Sherry Wine
½ Cup Heavy Cream
How to prepare Sautéed Spinach
- Place Olive Oil blend, garlic and spinach in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir occasionally for approximately 5 minutes, until spinach is wilted.
- Season with Salt and Pepper and reserve warm.
How to prepare Crawfish Poblano Cream Sauce
- Place a skillet over medium heat, add oil and sauté Poblano Peppers, Red Onions, Scallions, Mushrooms, and Crawfish Tails until mushrooms are soft and onions are translucent.
- Add the Sherry and burn off alcohol reducing by half.
- Add the Heavy Cream and reduce by half.
How to prepare Blackened Red Snapper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place medium sized nonstick skillet over high heat on the stove and add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to the skillet.
- Season flesh side of Snapper liberally with Blackening Spice.
- Place the Snapper into the hot oil flesh side down and sear for approximately 4 – 5 minutes until blackish brown.
- Place Snapper in the oven and cook to an internal temperature of 140 degrees Fahrenheit, approximately 3 – 4 minutes.
How to assemble the dish
- Mound ½ of the Spinach in the center of 2 plates.
- Place fish on top of the spinach.
- Top the snapper with sauce.