Borracho beans are a great side dish to enjoy with family and friends this fall. These pair perfectly with our fall off the bone perfectly smoked baby back ribs recipe.
How to prepareDifficulty Level:Yield: 16 Servings
Ingredients: 2 lbs. Pinto Beans, pre-soaked for 24 hours1 lbs. Tomatoes, sliced1/2 cups Jalapeño, seeded, stemmed, & diced1 cup Cilantro, roughly chopped1/2 cup Chives, diced1 tbsp. Garlic, chopped 1/2 tsp. Cumin Seed, ground1/4 tsp. Black Pepper1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper8 oz. Raw Bacon Slab, chopped3/4 cup Chicken Base24 oz. Kitchen BeerWater, as neededHow to prepare the Beans:
- Soak the beans overnight.
- Combine all ingredients except beer in a stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Add beer and continue to simmer until the beans are cooked throughout. About 1 hour.
- Add water as needed if the beans dry during cooking.
How to assemble the dish:
- Transfer the cooked beans into serving bowls.
- Top with feta cheese and freshly chopped tomatoes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.