How to prepare Borracho BeansDifficulty Level:Yield: 16 Servings
Ingredients:2 lbs. Pinto Beans - Soaked for 24 Hours1 lbs. Tomatoes (sliced)1/2 cups Jalapenos (seeded, stemmed, diced)1 cup Cilantro (roughly chopped)1/2 cup Chives (diced)1 Tbs. Garlic (chopped)1/2 tsp. Cumin Seed (Ground)1/4 tsp. Black Pepper1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper8 oz. Bacon Slab (chopped, raw)3/4 cup Chicken Base24 oz. Kitchen BeerWater as neededHow to prepare the Beans
- Soak the beans overnight.
- Combine all ingredients except beer in a stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Add beer and continue to simmer until the beans are cooked throughout. About 1 hour.
- Add water as needed if the beans dry during cooking.
How to assemble the dish
- Transfer the cooked beans into serving bowls.
- Top them with feta cheese and freshly chopped tomatoes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Beans are great accompaniment to Smoked Ribs and a great side dish to enjoy this 4th of July with your family and friends.